Stress Analysis Strain Gages
Transducer-Class Strain Gage
Concrete / Rock
Printed Circuit Board
Structural Health Monitoring
Super Stock Designations:
Linear Pattern: 0.250" active grid, temperature compensated (composite and steel), encapsulated, large copper tabs. For automotive, aerospace, medical, and many more.
Check all PDF documents
- Linear Pattern: 0.250" active grid, temperature compensated (composite and steel), encapsulated, large copper tabs. For automotive, aerospace, medical, and many more.
Stress Analysis Selection Criteria
- Stress Analysis Selection Criteria
Strain Gage Installation Checklist -- Aluminum
- Since Aluminum is an isotropic and homogenous material, selecting the strain gage, adhesive, cable, and protective coating is a very straightforward procedure. Following is a guide to step you through the process of selecting strain gages and materials for measurements on aluminum.
Strain Gage Installation Checklist: Composite and Plastic Materials
- Composites typically have one of two surface conditions. The tooling side is usually smooth requiring slight roughening to give the adhesive something to bite into. The non-tooling side is usually rough due to the layup of either woven or filament wound or random orientation carbon fiber filaments. This kind of surface typically needs to be as filled to make it smooth enough for bonding. The gage length is dictated by the desired averaging. With woven composites, that would typically be 3-5 cycles of the weave. Since composites are typically poor conductors of heat, pre-cabled gages or gages with preattached leadwires are highly recommended. For long-term dynamic loading conditions, strain gages with maximum fatigue life may be required.
Strain Gage Installation Checklist: Steel
- Strain gage applications on steel can be exposed to a wide variety of environments and temperature conditions, so attention to the variables related to these two conditions is important. This guide will lead you through the selection process for the strain gage, adhesive, wire and solder, and protective coatings to ensure the most successful results when measuring strain on steel.
SuperStock Featured products for steel applications
- SuperStock | Featured products for steel applications
- Micro-Measurements Precision Strain Gages, Accessories, and Instruments
SuperStock Featured products for aluminum applications
- SuperStock | Featured products for aluminum applications
Gage Series Selection Chart
- Standard Stress Analysis Strain Gages
Gage Series - Stress Analysis Gages
- Technical Data
Combine Checked Documents Into One PDF
Copyright © 2017 Vishay Precision Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy & Legal